the Ponquogue Bridge
Online Tide Predictor for Ponquogue Bridge.
the LIE to exit 70. Take exit 70 South to route 27 East. Take 27 East to exit 65
South, which is route 24. Go South on Rt. 24 (about one block) until Route 24 ends
at Rt. 27A - at the Hampton Diner.
Make a left on 27A (going East) until you come to Ponquogue Ave (about five blocks).
Make a right hand turn onto Ponquogue Ave (you are now heading South) and proceed
south until it ends at Shinnecock Road. Make a left onto Shinnecock Road (you are
now heading East) and proceed until you reach Foster Ave. Make a right onto Foster
Ave. and proceed South towards the Water until you reach the Coast Guard Station
at Shinnecock. (The Coast Guard is located on the North side of the bridge.)
We will be meeting in the small parking area located on the South side of the
old Bridge (cross over the new bridge and make a U-turn to get to the parking area).
Please park so that we can get the maximum number of cars in the area.
Driving time from the Levittown area to the Ponquogue bridge is approximately
1½ hours; we strongly recommend that you give yourself extra time to ensure that
you will not be late for the dive. Slack tide is the only time that the dive can
It is necessary for divers to obtain a Ponquogue Marine Park vehicle parking
permit for this dive site.
- The parking permits are required from July
through Labor Day.
- The permit is a vehicle permit with no restrictions on number of divers.
- The cost of the permit is $30.00 per year and
must be permanently affixed to the registered vehicles windshield.
- Permits are non-transferable between vehicles as they are registered by the
vehicles license plate number.
- The parking permit is only good at this location.
- Vehicles without a parking permit are subject to a $50.00
fine per vehicle and vehicle trailer.
Permits must be purchased ahead of time and can be done so in the following ways:
- Permits can be purchased in person at Altenkirch
Precision Outfitters, located at 243 East
Montauk Highway in Hampton Bays, 631-728-4110.
Please call ahead of time to make sure they have them in for the season.
- Permits can be purchased in person at Hampton Dive
Center located at 369 Flanders Road (Route 24) in Riverhead,
631-727-7578. Please call ahead of time to make sure they have
them in for the season.
- Permits can be purchased in person at Ponquogue
Beach located at 280 Dune Road, across
from the Ponquogue Bridge parking lot.
- Permits can be purchased in person or via mail
from the Parks and Recreation Department at the located
6 Newtown Road in Hampton Bays, 631-728-8585.
To mail in for a permit, you must submit the following
items and information:
- Your name, address, phone number
- A request for a Ponquogue Marine Park Non-Resident parking permit.
- A photocopy of your vehicle registration.
- A self-addressed-stamped-envelope.
- a check for $30.00 made payable to Town of Southampton.
Mail this package to:
Town of Southampton
Parks and Recreation Department
6 Newtown Road
Hampton Bays, NY 11946
If you have any other questions, check the
Southampton Town Hall Parks and Recreation
Department website, or call them at 631-283-6011 during the hours of 8:30am through 4:00pm, Monday through